Friday, September 16, 2011

New girl.

Welcome to my new blog! :) I guess I'll start by introducing myself. I'm Rachel. I'm 35 years old, female, and an only child. I'm married to Bryant. We met in high school and have been together a mind-blowing 17 years now. We will be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary in a little over a week.

We have 2 children--Jacob (almost 16) and Owen (almost 9). We (I) homeschool them. We are starting our 4th year of homeschooling. Bryant works full-time at a turf and forage seed company. I'm working as a server/bartender 3-4 nights/week. I love my job--it's fun and pays well. It's definitely not for everyone though. After being either unemployed or self employed for much of the past decade, it was a huge change to get used to working for someone else. I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary and I'll be honest when I say that I'm actually still trying to get used to working outside the home.

This isn't my first blog. I wasn't a very good blogger. I mean...my writing was fine, I think. It was the content, or lack thereof. I didn't feel like there was anything noteworthy in my life to write about. But there is and I really want to blog. I want to chronicle my life and my kids' lives, however mundane it may feel at the time. I want to look back on it in the future and giggle or cry or whatever one does when reading their "journal" years later. So...let the blogging begin. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment