Saturday, September 17, 2011

Owenisms.

My youngest child is Owen. He will be 9 in December. I've affectionately referred to him as my "challenge" in the past. My Jacob was such an easy-going kid. Owen challenged me in ways I didn't think possible.

Fortunately, my response to it was to lighten up; to pick and choose my battles wisely. I'm so thankful that I chose that route instead of trying hard to control him to be something he wasn't.

The part of his personality that made him a challenge as a toddler/preschooler has made him this amazing person to be around today. He lives life out loud. You never really have to wonder what he's thinking or feeling because you just know. If you don't know, he'll tell you. He's fearless and headstrong and just a cool guy.

Years ago, my mother and I coined the term "Owenisms". Oh how I wish I'd journaled them all along. I should have been a blogger then so I could look back on them and laugh my ass off all over again. I plan on randomly sharing my Owenisms here as I remember them or as he comes up with them.

One of the fun things about homeschooling him is to read some of the things he comes up with in his schoolwork. And what's great about it is that I can just take pictures of them and upload them to the internet to share with others. He'd be so pissed if he knew I was doing that. ;)



Second grade, age 8 Language Arts.






This is what I got to say goodnight to one night.





Hi Mom!





No comments:

Post a Comment