Monday, September 19, 2011

For the Thrill of It


Theme parks and thrill rides are at the top of my most favorite things to do. We are pretty fortunate to live a few miles from a pretty dang awesome theme park. I grew up going there. Rollercoasters are my favorites, but this is my current favorite ride:


It gets me every time. When I'm riding it, I say things like "Oh shit" and end up apologizing to the person next to me and explaining to them that I have Tourettes Syndrome*. 

We are heading back to Disney World in January and I'm absolutely giddy about this. This will be my 4th time there--2 as a child and 2 as an adult. Even though we were just there 4 years ago, Jacob wasn't quite gutsy enough for some of the thrill rides and Owen wasn't quite tall enough, much to his dismay (he came out of the womb ready to conquer these rides). I'm thrilled to get to experience the rides there with them this time.

Our plan is to travel around the country in the upcoming years and visiting the various theme parks. I think it's a great plan. There are a lot of great theme parks scattered across the United States. 

*I don't really have Tourettes Syndrome. *blush*

No comments:

Post a Comment