Sunday, September 25, 2011

My brush with fame.

Last week, I picked up my teenager from his friend's house. I'm also friends with his friend's mom, so I went in to chat for a bit. There was a guy in her kitchen, eating apple pie and ice cream. I'm used to various people coming in and out of their house so it didn't faze me at all. I didn't want to ask "and who might you be?" because I figured that was a bit rude and it was none of my business. I deduced that he was their guitar teacher, though, and by the time he left, I had learned he was driving to Texas that day for a "gig"--he was obviously in a band.

After he left, my friend told the story of how they found this guy, which included "we found someone else but she had a waiting list and so she gave us the name of this guy" and "we really like him--he's pretty cool". But what she didn't include was "he's the guitar player in the band that sings a song that you hear frequently on the radio".


I learned 2 days later when my teenager told me. I think it's pretty dang cool.

1 comment: