Monday, February 27, 2012

Give me the skinny.

2 weeks ago, the 54th annual Grammy awards were broadcast on TV. It's no secret that Adele dominated the awards this year. You may have also heard how fat she is. I've heard a few comments about how she has a gorgeous voice, but...she's overweight. 

*groan*

Now, most of you that are reading this think that is bullshit. Who cares about her weight, she is amazing, right? Or even if you don't really think she's all that, you may think people need to STFU about her weight, right?

Except...

The Academy Awards aired last night. I didn't watch, but I woke up to no less than 3 comments in my Facebook feed about how awful skinny Angelina Jolie looked. From women. Women who would be the first in line to fight anyone that commented on Adele's size or anyone else that was considered overweight. 

I've seen this type of thing for some time now here and there. Women that have deemed themselves "real" women because they aren't a size zero. The last time I checked, all women are real women. Not just plus sized women. Not just thin women. ALL women.

I wonder if they will ever realize how hypocritical that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment