Wednesday, December 5, 2012

8 months later...

Figured I needed to update this a bit.

I am now 8 months into my new "way of life" (I hate the word DIET). I made it through camping trips, parties, Halloween and Thanksgiving. I have no doubt that Christmas will be a piece of cake (*snort*). I'm down 50 lbs. I feel pretty fantastic, too. It's funny because I hadn't really planned on doing it this long. I guess I didn't have any specific ideas on how long I'd do it. At first, I was just trying to get through the first few days.

8 months in and one would think I'd be ready to be done, but honestly I feel like I'm still picking up steam. I'm still gaining momentum. I'm not quite where I want to be. Weight-wise, I'd like to lose another 20 lbs. maybe. I don't know if that's realistic, but I've never done something this drastic before, so maybe it is realistic.

Health-wise, I feel like I'm still pinpointing what my issues are; still experimenting with what my body needs. I have a gynecology appointment next week. I hope she will run some tests for me so I can see where I'm at and if I really have improved things (cholesterol, hormone levels, etc.).

I think as far as the candida goes, I'm probably ok there. I really don't know where to go next, though. I've been toying with adding dairy back in. Not a lot, but I do miss cheese. The rest I don't really care about.

I'll continue to plug away at it, learning and growing and becoming a healthier me in the process. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment